I am thrilled to announce the launch of my new blog.
One split second can change a life forever. Almost every day, I meet with individuals whose identities have been tragically “taken” from them from right under their feet.
My day is devoted to helping these individuals. Everyone is equal, regardless of ethnic background, education, upbringing and profession. You all struggle with the same losses, frustrations and isolation.
Why is there so much prejudice against people who suffer brain injury?
- Our society fails to acknowledge and help individuals who are suffering from brain injury.
- Brain injuries, unlike other physical injuries, are invisible. People may look good on the outside, but have significant problems dealing with every single moment of their day.
- Brain injury is confusing to people who don’t have one. It is called the “invisible illness.”
- Acquaintances, friends, family and co-workers do not understand the permanence and seriousness of the injury.
- People very often believe that those individuals suffering with TBI are not trying hard enough to get better. People often believe that patients are lazy, unmotivated and lying.
- Frustration often occurs, and splits families, friends and others when TBI issues manifest.
But hope is on the way
- Head injury is slowly getting the attention it so desperately deserves.
- The media, including internet, television and newspapers, are starting to highlight relevant news about this long overdue subject.
- Large number of war veterans and athletes are being diagnosed everyday with head injuries
It is overwhelming for you to shift through this yourself! In this blog, I will selectively post suggestions that I know can help change your life.
I want you to have the right advice and support to tackle all the unknown obstacles lying ahead for you.
- What can I expect my future to be like?
- What help should I get and from where?
- Are there new Apps that can help me navigate more reliably through my day?
I am tired of seeing all the biases to which you are subjected!
This blog is a platform for each and every one of you to voice your concerns and get much-needed support from one another and also from me. That is why I decided to have this blog: It is to help and provide you with practical advice.
If you have a question or a topic that you need to understand, please let me know.
Everyday, I am humbled and inspired by each one of you. We need to unite.
This blog is dedicated to all the wonderful individuals I meet with everyday, whose lives and stories need to be heard!
Together lets change the world and the biases! I urge you to speak up and make your voice heard. Pass this blog and the Face-book page along to your friends and relatives. It is certainly the right moment in time to do this!
Lets Move A Head!
Dr. Heidi Spitz firstname.lastname@example.org